ADR Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road
An ADR training certificate is awarded by SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority), is required for professional drivers who transport dangerous goods by road. To transport dangerous goods by road, you’ll need to hold an ADR Driver Training Certificate. In order to obtain the required ADR Training Certificate, drivers need to attend a training course and pass the relevant exams, consisting of a series of written or computer based multiple-choice examinations.
The ADR qualification is divided into:
- Core: Basic syllabus for carrying any class of dangerous goods.
- Packages & Loose in Bulk: For carrying any class of dangerous goods in; drums, sacks, cylinders, cartons, and loose in bulk such as; dust carts, skips and tippers etc.
- Tanks: For carrying any class of dangerous goods, in road tankers or other tanker containers
GB Transport solutions delivers ADR Training covering Initial and refresher courses, Core, Packages and Tankers for the following classes:
- Class 2 - Gases
- Class 3 - Flammable liquids
- Class 4 - Flammable solids
- Class 5 - Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
- Class 6 - Toxic substances
- Class 8 - Corrosive substances
- Class 9 - Miscellaneous dangerous substances
NOTE: Explosives and Radioactive Courses available on request (Class 1 and 7)
ADR Training 3.5 Day -Initial Training Course (Core, Classes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9 and Packages). This course will qualify a driver to carry dangerous goods in packages and drivers will receive 21 hours towards Driver CPC Qualification. ADR 5 Day Initial Training Course (Core, Classes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9, Packages & Tanks). This course will qualify a driver to carry dangerous goods in packages and tanks. Drivers will receive 28 hours towards Driver CPC Qualification.
Our ADR initial and refresher courses are JAUPT approved and count towards your 35 hours Driver CPC Periodic Training requirements as stipulated by law.
Initial and refresher Courses for all modules are regularly available at our Training Centres or In House at customers’ locations anywhere in the UK.
For more info or details of the next course, please call our customer services on 01753 316026